December 29, 2009

Mitsubishi i MiEV

EVM score: 8
Range: 99-106 mi
Speed: freeway capable though slow
Price: $30,000
Batteries: Lithium ion (GS Yasua)
Safe: Yes
Not a bad looking little car. I think people would buy it, especially women. It helps that it's coming from a major OEM (original equipment manufacturer). So you know it's gonna be fully crash tested and durability tested and not squeak and rattle when you make a left turn. Personally I like a lighter car because I commute alone and when I go out with the family I take the Honda Odyssey. Later someone can make an electric minivan with a range extender.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, the price is supposed to be more like $24,000 when it comes out in 2009.

Unknown said...

This looks like the one in the (Sharper Image or Neiman Marcus or Hammacher Schlammer?) catalog that got some press recently. It was $110K and had unbelievable specs. The new EVs are impressive.